The increasingly urgent issue of water scarcity presents physical, financial, regulatory and reputational risks that you need to manage – especially if your operations and, importantly, supply chains are water intensive or in water-stressed regions.
Two Tomorrows can help you understand the issues for your business and then work with you to put in place the required strategy, governance structure and management systems.
Because water – unlike carbon – is a local issue, your responses to water scarcity need to be developed on a local, case-by-case basis.
Also, if your business uses agricultural products, water use in your supply chain is likely to be a significant component of your overall footprint. Much of the support we give you is therefore likely to be focused on your sourcing.
How we can help
We can support you with various aspects of water management, including:
- providing an introduction to water as a business issue and how it affects your business
- helping you engage with stakeholders (e.g. local communities, government, regulators, suppliers) on water issues
- advising on and/or carrying out water footprinting to help you quickly quantify and evaluate your water footprint
- carrying out a risk assessment to identify areas to focus on in your direct operations and supply chain. This could include analysis of data on water stress, drought, rainfall and estimates of water usage in different regions.
- making recommendations for how to drive down your water use, both from direct operations and your value chain.