We can help you with the full range of CR and sustainability issues so you can manage the risks and seize the opportunities to create value. We have world-leading expertise and many years of hard-won experience in issues as diverse as responsible sourcing, producer responsibility, carbon strategy, water management, biodiversity, human rights and bribery and corruption.
- Responsible sourcing From labour standards to corruption to environmental impacts, your sourcing of products is under scrutiny. We start by working with you to pinpoint and quantify the main risks in your supply chain and then help you address the key issues in a pragmatic way.
- Producer responsibility Producer responsibility is about ensuring your business takes responsibility for products once they have reached the end of their life. We can help you develop a producer responsibility programme to reduce the environmental impacts of your products and comply with your legal duties.
- Carbon Strategic management of carbon emissions is complex. You need to take account myriad operational, regulatory and reputational issues as well as the array of regulations and schemes to address climate change. Becoming mired in the details can lead to a loss of perspective on priorities. We help you achieve clarity in this complex area.
- Water scarcity Water scarcity presents major physical, financial, regulatory and reputational risks – especially if your operations and/or supply chains are water intensive or in water-stressed regions. We can help you understand the issues and put in place the right strategy, governance and management systems.
- Biodiversity Biodiversity issues present risks and opportunities for business, yet few companies have grasped what they are - and fewer still have begun responding properly. We can help you understand the implications of biodiversity for your organisation and develop a strategic response.
- Human rights Businesses have a duty to help protect human rights and to make sure they are not complicit in abuses. This applies especially if your business operates in - or its supply chain extends into - high-risk areas. We can assess your exposure to human rights risks and help you act with due diligence through your policies, management systems and training for your staff.
- Bribery and corruption Companies are under growing pressure to comply with anti-corruption legislation and operate adequate control measures. But many corporate policies on bribery and corruption fall short, failing to address the implications of corporate hospitality and the common practice of ‘facilitation payments’. Even if sound policies exist, global implementation is often patchy. We can assess your exposure to corruption risks and help you develop the policies, procedures and staff training you need to ensure compliance.